Are We Ready for a Puppy?


Aug 2019 - Are We Ready for a Dog?


Our family of 3 in a space of 2 days decided we're ready for a pet. My husband (DH) mentioned he always wanted a lab for as long as he could remember - news to me. My 9-yr old daughter (LO) made a 'top ten reasons why I need a dog' list and that was that. 

Needless to say, I freaked out and went through a million reasons as to why we mustn't get one at this time. I managed to talk the family out of it, explained myself to friends and felt better. However, that night, all I could think of was LO's face - she looked crushed and she was decidedly ready. After all, she now knows how to make her own breakfast - she can make pancakes, toast, scrambled eggs by herself. She knows how to unload the dishwasher and steam vacuum the hardwood floors. She was trying very hard to show me she's ready and responsible and I couldn't say no. The next morning, I asked my husband to call the breeder and Poppy was ours within the space of a few hours. If you can say no after you've seen and played with a lab puppy, you just might have a heart of stone. 

Below, is a pic taken within the first few days of getting her home. Cute or what!!


Comments